Look to Honda for High Residual Value Vehicles
It’s hard to overestimate the importance of Honda’s high residual value ratings. Residual value simply tells you the projected worth of a vehicle after a certain amount of time has passed. A high rating means a vehicle retains more of its value, which reflects that vehicle’s:
- Desirability among consumers
- Reputation for reliability
- Common value among buyers
- Included features
From a cool compact sedan like the Honda Civic all the way through to an authoritative three-row family SUV like the Honda Pilot, Honda models carry a sterling reputation for residual value.
How Much are Honda Vehicles Worth?
- 2016 Honda Accord LX Sedan: Has an ALG-estimated residual value of 53% at 36 months and 41% at six months. To compare, the 2016 Hyundai Sonata is rated at 48% and 32%.
- 2016 Honda Odyssey LX: Has an ALG-estimated residual value of 52% at 36 months and 35% at 60 months. The 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan is rated at 42% and 25%.
- 2016 Honda CR-V 2WD LX: Has an ALG-estimated residual value of 64% at 24 months and 41% at 60 months. The 2016 Chevrolet Equinox is rated at 61% and 36%.
- 2016 Honda Fit LX: Has an ALG-estimated residual value of 57% at 36 months and 43% at six months. The 2016 Ford Fiesta S Hatchback is rated at 43% and 30%.
- 2016 Honda Pilot LX 2WD: Has an ALG-estimated residual value of 56% at 36 months and 40% at six months. The 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4×2 is rated at 48% and 32%.
How to Retain Value
Of course, it’s worth remembering that ALG-estimates are exactly that, so one 2016 Honda Fit may retain more or less of its value than a similar model that has been treated differently. To help maintain value:
- Follow the Recommended Maintenance Schedule
- Provide Service Documentation
- Keep Mileage Down
- Keep the Interior and Exterior Pristine
- Submit Vehicle Condition Reports
If you’re yet to buy, consider investing in options that tend to demand a higher resale value, such as power windows, automatic transmissions, and air conditioning. Honda’s tendency to include high-end features as standard is part of the reason why vehicles retain their value so well. You can even look into the colors that tend to be popular with consumers.
Find Your New Honda Vehicle by Visiting Our Showroom
If you want to benefit from a strong trade-in value in the future, you need to think about residual value when you buy. Honda vehicles always seem to lead the way, so why not visit Fletcher Jones Big Island Honda today to take a look at the current lineup?