2019 Honda CR-V vs. 2019 Honda HR-V
2019 Honda CR-Vvs. 2019 Honda HR-V
It’s no secret that SUVs make great island vehicles. So, when you’ve narrowed your options down to the 2019 Honda CR-V vs. Honda HR-V, which should you choose? You can’t go wrong with either, but there are some differences to consider. Look below for a quick comparison of two of Honda’s most beloved family vehicles and see the differences between the CR-V and HR-V.
Schedule a Test Drive
|2019 Honda CR-V
||2019 Honda HR-V
|75.8 cubic feet
||Maximum Cargo Capacity
||58.8 cubic feet
||Eco Assist™ System
Honda HR-V vs. CR-V: Price
If you’re shopping for a cost-effective crossover SUV, the new HR-V and new CR-V are budget-friendly. The HR-V is a bit more affordable, but both are excellent choices for first-time buyers and small- to medium-size families.
- 2019 Honda HR-V LX 2WD: Starting MSRP of $20,520*
- 2019 Honda CR-V LX 2WD: Starting MSRP of $24,350*
Honda HR-V vs. CR-V: Engine Specs
Both the HR-V and CR-V are affordable, so how do they compare in terms of performance? Read on to find out!
- Engine: The HR-V houses an inline-4 engine that’s capable of 141 hp and 127 lb-ft of torque. It comes standard with a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with Sport Mode.
- Fuel-Efficiency: With its base engine and CVT, the 2019 HR-V earns a 28 mpg city/34 mpg highway** rating.
- Features: Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™ is available with the LX, Sport, EX, and EX-L models and comes standard on the Touring model.
- Engine: Equipped with an inline-4 engine, the CR-V generates 184 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque. The CR-V comes standard with a CVT with Sport Mode.
- Fuel-Efficiency: With its base engine and CVT, the 2019 CR-V earns a 26 mpg city/32 mpg highway*** rating.
- Features: Like the HR-V, the CR-V offers Eco Assist™ System and optional all-wheel drive but comes standard with all-season tires.
Honda HR-V vs. CR-V: Comfort & Capacities
Despite their compact sizes, the Honda HR-V and CR-V offer up to 58.8 and 75.8 cubic feet of cargo space, respectively. For greater convenience and organization, both SUVs come equipped with the following:
- Rearview camera
- Cargo area light
- 12-volt power outlets
- Tilt and telescopic steering column
- 60/40-split-folding rear seats
Try Out the Honda HR-V & CR-V SUVs Today!
Buy or lease a Honda SUV from Big Island Honda! Contact us to learn more about your options, or visit us at one of our two locations: 124 Wiwoole Street in Hilo, HI or 75-5608 Kuakini Highway in Kailua-Kona, HI.
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $975.00 destination charge and options. Dealers set own prices.
**25 city/33 highway/28 combined mpg rating for 2WD 6-speed manual transmission models. 28 city/34 highway/31 combined mpg rating for 2WD CVT models. 27 city/31 highway/29 combined mpg rating for AWD CVT models. Based on 2018 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.
***26 city/32 highway/28 combined mpg rating for 2WD LX with CVT model. 25 city/31 highway/27 combined mpg rating for AWD LX with CVT model. 28 city/34 highway/30 combined mpg rating for 2WD EX, EX-L and Touring with CVT models. 27 city/33 highway/29 combined mpg rating for AWD EX, EX-L and Touring with CVT models. Based on 2018 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.