The Honda CPO Inspection Checklist
The Honda Certified Pre-Owned Program is chock-full of benefits, such as:
- Vehicles less than six years old
- Vehicles with fewer than 80,000 miles
- CARFAX Vehicle History Report
- CPO financing through Honda Financial Services
- 12-month/12,000-mile limited warranty
- 7-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty
But, the advantages don’t end there. Kamuela and Waoimea are sure to appreciate the peace of mind that comes from a 182-point inspection. The Honda CPO inspection checklist covers every inch of a vehicle, from the exterior and cabin, to the engine compartment and undercarriage.
A Few Examples
Honda’s CPO inspection checklist is one of the most rigorous in the industry. Here’s just a quick look at some of the checks a certified technician performs on CPO candidates:
- Front Interior: This is the lengthiest inspection list, and checks the functionality of everything from instrument cluster gauges and HVAC system, to Bluetooth and HondaLink, to the parking brake and steering wheel.
- Rear Interior: Moving to the back, technicians assess the condition of the carpeting, dual-action tailgate (Ridgeline), HondaVAC (Odyssey), seats and headrests, and cargo compartment.
- Front Exterior: During a front exterior inspection, the headlights, bumper and fenders, grille, hood, Honda emblem, and more are checked for signs of damage.
- Rear Exterior: The rear exterior inspection is similar to the front, but involves the taillights, rear bumper and fenders, license plate, and exhaust system.
- Under Vehicle/Hood: To ensure every Honda CPO is safe, technicians inspect the suspension and brake calipers under the vehicle, then move under the hood for a look at the engine, transmission, battery, and other essential components.
- Road Test: Every CPO inspection ends with a road test, which checks for any idle vibration, strange noises, abnormal drift, and other behaviors that could indicate a problem.
And that’s only a portion of the checklist!
Find Your Fully Inspected Honda CPO at Big Island Honda!
Looking at the checklist above, it’s easy to see why the Honda Certified Pre-Owned Program is a gold standard! Big Island Honda makes it easy for drivers across the island to find an affordable certified pre-owned vehicle in Hilo or Kailua-Kona. Contact us to learn more about Honda’s special financing solutions for CPO buyers!